I know some of you think saving money and finding deals is too hard, or that it takes to much time (believe me is doesn't have to). Or maybe you are new to saving money and find it all a little overwhelming. I am writing a feature called Baby Steps that helps ease you slowely into saving money. My first feature was Baby Steps: Swagbucks, teaching all about the fabulous search engine that rewards you with gift cards (to places like Amazon) just for searching. Now that you have gift cards to shop with this is how you save on the shipping!
Amazon is probably one of my favorite places to shop online. They regularly have amazing deals and as it gets closer to Christmas we will be seeing even more great deals on toys and gifts!
Amazon offers free shipping for most items sold directly from Amazon.com when you spend $25 or more. That can be a little inconvenient though if you find a great deal on an item under $25 and you don’t want to buy anything else. This is why I want to share with you three different ways to get an Amazon Prime membership. Amazon Prime gives you Free 2-Day Shipping on all orders sold from Amazon.com – regardless of the price!
1. Amazon Mom – This is a new program that is open to anyone who is responsible for caring for a baby or young child (not just moms). By joining Amazon Mom you get 3 Free Months of Amazon Prime!
2. Amazon Student – You can get a Free Year of Amazon Prime if you are a student! Only students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a valid .edu e-mail address to confirm their status are eligible to participate in Amazon Student.
3. Free Trial - Amazon is currently offering a Free 1-Month Amazon Prime Trial - available to anyone! Since this is a trial, you will need to cancel after one month. After you’ve signed up for your free trial, here’s how to set up your account to NOT automatically renew so that you don’t have to remember to cancel. You will be charged $79 for a Prime membership at the end of your trial if you don’t cancel!!
- Go to “Your Account” on the Amazon homepage. (Look in the upper-right corner of the page above cart and wishlist.)
- Click on “Manage Prime Membership.” (In the top “Orders” box)
- Select “Do Not Upgrade Automatically.”