Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby Steps To Saving: Swagbucks

swagbucks 200x200 Earn Swagbucks for Printing and Redeeming Coupons!

I know some of you are new to saving, and don't know where to begin or perhaps you are not into cutting coupons.  There are easy and simple ways you can save without doing much work.  In what I hope will be a weekly feature I will show you how to take baby steps to saving big bucks.  

What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a online rewards program.  You earn and accumulate Swagbucks primarily through searching the Internet (just like with any search engine), but you call also earn through entering Swagcodes from the SwagBlog, Swag Facebook, or Swag Twitter sites, and some other random activities like watching videos or entering you birthday.  Once you accumulate 450 Swagbucks, you can redeem it for a $5 Amazon gift card, as well as for other gift cards from Target, Starbucks, Southwest Airlines, and more.

How can I make searching easy?
You can use Swagbucks as your homepage, and accumulate Swagbucks through searching, but the easiest way to earn is to download the Swagbucks Tool Bar.  Second, you will earn at least 1 Swagbucks each day by opening your browser.  Also, the toolbar makes it easier to get messages from "The Swag Guy" when there are codes available.  And finally, it allows you to do searchs that can earn you Swagbucks.  Like just now when I was typing this post, I searched CVS Deals and was rewarded with six Swagbucks.

How do I download the Toolbar?
Step #1: Log into you Swagbucks account.
Step #2: Click the toolbar tab on the left side of the page
Step #3: Click the big purple box that says "DOWNLOAD"
Step #4: Choose if you want to use Swagbucks as your default browser, I don't have it as my default browser- but know lots of people that do.
Step #5: Start Searching

Is Swagbucks Worth It?
After the initial sign up, and downloading of the toolbar there isn't anything to do except use Swagbucks to search just like you would any other search engine.  Last year I earned $200.00 in Amazon Gift Cards...for basically doing something I am already doing (searching the internet). 

What is the best approach to maximizing my Swagbucks?
For at home use I would download the toolbar (after all you will get 1 Swagbuck a day just for opening your browser).  At work most employers don't like you downloading toolbars onto the computers, but if they are ok with it you can always make Swagbucks your home page and you can still search and earn even at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment