Sunday, March 4, 2012

Growth Ruler: Beautiful Home Decor or Gift Idea for just $10


I heart you Pinterest because you have opened my inner crafter.  Last night I created a beautiful children's growth rule that was SO EASY and so cheap.  Originally I had planned on putting this in my garage, but it turned out so well that I am now going to hang it in my house.  Not only is this a cheap home decor item for yourself but it would also make for a great baby shower or children's gift.

Here is the information on how to create this from website 517 Creations.  Also if you would like to follow me on Pinterest you can find me here

I had stain on hand so the only thing I had to buy was the 1X8X6 for about $7.  I did change up a few things from the original directions.  First I used a Sharpie instead of a paint pen and it worked really well.  Also with the numbers I took a pencil and colored on the backside of the number with graphite.  When I placed the paper number onto the board I was able trace the number and it left a graphite outline that I could easily color in with my Sharpie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment