Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deals at Gymboree

Last week I posted that in general I have a rule to not spend more than $5 an outfit for my infant daughter.  I heard from reader Lauren who let me know that she follows this same rule and she has a great deal on how to score cheap duds for your kiddo from Gymboree....see how she does it below. 

 I just read about your $5 rule on clothing. I pretty much follow the same rule...it is so easy to pick up clearance for the next year. I am not sure if you are familiar with Gymboree's sales or policies, so I figured I would share. Any clothing at the end of the season that has not sold goes to the back room. At their next red balloon sale, they pull out these items. For instance, I just bought all of Tristan and the new baby's wardrobes for summer at the January sale. I paid under $5 for every item we bought. All of the clothes were from last spring and summer's lines. The key to scoring the best deals is to ask the associate to pull all of the clearance clothing in your child's size. Most of the price tags will be incorrect, so ignore them. Then choose what you want out of the pile and have the associate scan and check the prices. It sounds like a lot of work, but they will do it. If you combine the sale prices, gymbucks, and coupons....you can get crazy deals on quality clothing. I got entire outfits for $1. The girls clothes go a lot faster than boys. Also if you are a rewards customer they let you reserve things in advance. The rewards card is free to sign up for at the check out. Hopefully this is helpful. Most people don't know that there is a ton of back stock of sale items.

What an awesome tip...I can't wait to check this out for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment